Soooo, we are all aware of the stigma that surrounds contractors as a whole. Unreliable, never delivering on promises, always going over budget, not trustworthy - just to name a few. One of the biggest challenges to gaining access to new clientele as a contractor, is TRUST!
Here at HomeGlow Painting in Princeton, we are out to shatter that stigma, one brush stroke at a time. But, until we succeed in picking up everyone else's slack (and we will!!) - let's have some fun....
Here are our TOP 9 contractor excuses, sorry as they may be...
- I am licensed and insured (when they definitely are NOT!)
- I have over 25 years of experience, they're just not telling you what they have 25 years of experience in. (most likely, 25 years making license plates in the joint)
- I'll be right over. (how many times have you heard this?)
- Now who broke that? (if you're only working with one contractor, it's not going to be difficult to figure out who broke your dishes and won't own up to it)
- I didn't do it. (this ties into number 4, but some contractors even take it a step further and feel the need to blame their problems on other people or even their employees.)
- I can start your job tomorrow. (until later on that evening when the contractor tells you something different.)
- What time did I say I was going to be there? Some contractors confuse Eastern, Pacific and Standard Time Zones.
- Of course I have references. (They will get them to you later that day so they can scramble for friends and relatives phone #'s and addresses - and also give them a heads up)
- We can use something else. (some contractors choose to replace items specified by engineers and architects, because they "know better" and have more experience.)
- Share your favorite (more like least favorite) contractor or call-out-of-work type excuse here!